Please review all options to ensure you are submitting your request via the appropriate channel.
I. Information and Reports
A. To submit a general Open Records Request or Video Request, click here
B. Information related to submitted building permits, development plans or the status of reported Code Enforcement issues can be accessed through our build.SandySprings.gov portal.
C. Maps and other datasets can be accessed through our Open Data Portal.
D. Police Traffic and Incident reports can be obtained online at a cost of $5.00.
II. Open Records Requests (ORR)
The Georgia Open Records Act (O.C.G.A § 50-18-70 et seq), requires that all public records, except those excluded by court order or by law, be open for personal inspection by any individual at a reasonable time and place.
Requested records are usually available within three business days from receipt of the request. When the City estimates it is going to cost more than $25 to produce the records, we will respond within three (3) business days stating when the documents will be available, and the estimated production costs.
Traffic Camera Recordings
The traffic camera video system stores data for fourteen (14) days before the data is deleted or recorded over. The primary function of the traffic camera is to monitor traffic flow at the locations where the cameras are installed. In many instances, because the cameras are positioned to focus on traffic flow, they may not be pointed in the direction of an incident or accident.
III. Video Requests (VRF)
Video recordings from dash and/or body cameras can be obtained by completing a video request form. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing. (POLICE VIDEO RECORDINGS COST $30.00 EACH). When you receive email notification that the requested video exists, you may pay the cost by debit or credit card. Your DVD will be mailed to the address on your request, unless you make other arrangements.
Please Note: Police dash cam, and body camera recordings are subject to the Open Records Act’s disclosure requirements. The City charges a fee per hour (or fraction thereof) for search, retrieval, and other direct administrative costs.
Record Retrieval Fees
As authorized by Code Section 50-18-71 of the Open Records Act, after the first 15 minutes of a City employee’s time has been expended, the City charges a fee per hour (or fraction thereof) for search, retrieval, redaction, and other direct administrative costs involved with an open records request. This fee represents the salary of the lowest paid full-time employee who possesses the necessary skill and training to complete the request.
Other Fees include:
- $0.10 for each requested paper copy
- $0.40 DVD copy
- $4.00 Flash Drive
- Oversized Copies (plats): 48 x 32 inch ($8.00)
- Oversized Copies (plats): 24 x 30 inch ($4.50)
- Oversized Copies (plats): 24 x 36 inch ($6.56)
- Police Camera Video Recording: $30.00
1. ONLINE: for payment via debit or credit card, please visit our Public Portal at https://sandyspringsga.justfoia.com/PublicPortal/Index.
2. IN PERSON: a 5% upcharge will apply to payments made by debit or credit card. Please visit the City of Sandy Springs, and ask for the City Clerk’s office.
3. CHECK: please make check(s) payable to the City of Sandy Springs, and mail payments to: 1 Galambos Way, Sandy Springs GA 30328, Attention: City Clerk’s Office.
4. CASH: please visit the City of Sandy Springs at 1 Galambos Way, Sandy Springs GA 30328, and ask for the City Clerk’s office.
For additional information and questions regarding open records and open meetings, please contact the Sandy Springs City Clerk’s office at 770.730.5600.