Now almost 10 years old, the City of Sandy Springs is embarking on a yearlong effort to update its Comprehensive Plan guiding the City’s future growth and development.
A healthy retail environment along with affordable housing in the city's north end is a top priority.
The City is in the process of developing a Recreation and Parks Master Plan that will assess the current inventory and determine the potential to add more recreation and parks initiatives.
Transportation Master Plan
The Transportation Master Plan identifies transportation needs, and develops a program
of projects and strategies aimed at improving the city’s transportation system and
ensuring that it meets projected demands.
- Transportation Master Plan Table of Contents
- Transportation Master Plan Executive Summary
- Transportation Master Plan Intro
- Transportation Master Plan Planning
- Transportation Master Plan Planning Context
- Transportation Master Plan Needs Assessment-1
- Transportation Master Plan Needs Assessment-2
- Transportation Master Plan Needs Assessment-3
- Transportation Master Plan Strategies
- Transportation Master Plan Projects
Livible Cities Initiative
The City of Sandy Springs, in conjunction with Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC), commissioned the Roswell Road Corridor LCI Study to revitalize and enhance Roswell Road Corridor as a mixed-use and mixed-income "Main Street" that supports alternative modes of transportation, protects neighborhoods, reflects demographic changes, and lays the foundation for a better quality of life for residents, workers and visitors.
- Roswell Road LCI Report
- Roswell Road LCI 5-Year Update
- LCI 10-Year Update – including material from the City Center Master Plan (Electronic PDF – 9MB), January, 2013
- LCI 10-Year Update – including material from the City Center Master Plan (Print Quality PDF – 69MB), January, 2013
City Center Master Plan
The City adopted a master plan for the City’s downtown area in December, 2012. The City Center Master Plan includes a walkable grid of streets; a mix of retail, dining and housing; and the addition of a network of green spaces. The plan also charts the future for a civic facility to house a multi-purpose city hall and performing arts venue. The City has utilized the Master Plan in its City Springs development which you can learn more about by visiting CitySprings.com.
Bicycle, Pedestrian and Trail Plan
In December 2014, the City published a Bicycle, Pedestrian and Trail Plan.
Sidewalk Master Plan Map
The Sidewalk Master Plan Network Map is a visual representation of the Sidewalk Master Plan.
Future Land Use Map
The Future Land Use Map outlines how land might be used in future development.