In 2012, the City Council adopted a Master Plan to create the City's downtown area. The Community Vision: Promote Community Interaction - creating a safe and welcoming area for all residents. From concept on paper to active construction, City Springs formally opened May 2018.
The Project Goals:
- Create a unique, vibrant, walkable City Center rich in amenities desired by the community, such as commercial retail, recreational and cultural facilities
- Catalyze significant market-driven private investment in a walkable, mixed-use development that introduces substantial new dining, amenity retail, and entertainment options
- Create an appropriate setting for a new civic/cultural center that functions as a place of community activity and identity
- Create a comprehensive infrastructure to support City Center, which would include: walkable streets, stormwater, traffic flow, transit services, bicycling facilities, parking, utilities and signage
- Introduce a green space network that accommodates a variety of activities, draws activity from new development, and ties together City Center, Sandy Springs’ established neighborhoods and existing open spaces
In September 2014, the Sandy Springs City Council approved the Site Development Plan which includes government offices, a performing arts center and studio theatre/meeting space, an on-site park, residential and retail components. Partners in the project include: Carter/Selig (Master Developer), Rosser International (Architect) jB+a (Landscape Architect), Holder Construction (Construction Manager) and Spectra (Program Activation for Public Components).
To learn more about the history of City Springs and keep up with the latest news, please visit: www.citysprings.com.