Lane and Road Closures and Special Alerts Impacting Your Drive around Sandy Springs
- Road Closure: Lake Forrest Drive between Stewart Drive and Burdette Road July 31- Aug 4 (9a – 4 p) as crews conduct vegetation management within the right-of-way on Lake Forrest Drive. The work includes tree removal along the steep slopes. The maintenance work is needed as a safety precaution for the traveling public
- Sewer line work will necessitate a lane closure on Spalding Dr between Sudbury and Glenridge (near St Jude Catholic Church) Tues & Wed, July 25 & 26 between 9a-4p.
- The two eastbound lanes of Johnson Ferry, between Sandy Springs Circle and Roswell Road, remain closed (6 a - 4 p) for stormline work. A lane in each direction will be maintained for motorists. The closure is in place until Sept.
- Stormwater repairs at Kayron and Hammond begin the week of July 24 with a two-week road closure planned to begin the week of July 31. The detour runs between Hildebrand Drive, Kayron Drive, Valley Lane and Brookgreen Road. Click here for the detour map.
- Lane closures Peachtree Dunwoody and Hammond Drive turn lane 9a - 4p through July for wall construction and other development work.
- Intermittent lane closures in the area of 800 Mt Vernon Highway and 690 Mt Vernon Highway for stormwater repairs. Work to take place 8 a - 5 p. continuing into early July.
Click Here to View the City's Traffic Watch Map
Upcoming Weekend Closures & Activity from the GA Dept of Transportation
Metro Lane Closures:
· Statewide Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/StatewideLaneClosures.pdf
Transform 285/400 PROJECT:
- Intermittent Flexible Should Lane Closures are planned SB GA400 between the MARTA North Springs station ramp and Pitts Road, daily between 7 a - 7p.
- Traffic pacing will periodically occur on the I-285 WB on-ramp to GA 400, both northbound and southbound, from 7 a - 7 p to assist crews with tree clearing and landscape prep activities.
- Friday, July 21, 8 p.m. through Saturday, July 22, 6 a.m. - One right lane and one left lane will alternately close on I-285 eastbound and westbound from Lake Forrest Drive to east of Ashford Dunwoody Road. No more than two miles will be closed at any time.
Sunday, July 23 through Wednesday, July 26, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. - One right lane and shoulder will close on I-285 eastbound from Riverside Drive to east of Ashford Dunwoody Road. No more than two miles will be closed at any time.
Monday, July 24 through Friday, July 28, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. - One left lane will close on I-285 eastbound from Lake Forrest Drive to Glenridge Drive.
Monday, July 24 through Friday, July 28, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. - One left lane will close on I-285 westbound from Perimeter Center Parkway to Roswell Road.
Note: all dates are subject to change
Upcoming Construction: Mt. Vernon Highway Bridge
Watch for work crews around Mount Vernon Bridge this summer as the first major element of the Transform 285/400 improvement project gets underway. Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) construction partners began utility relocations around the Mount Vernon Highway bridge over SR 400 in May.
Five Things You Need to Know:
Click here to view all materials related to this GA Dept. of Transportation project.
For issues or questions related to this project, please call the GDOT Hotline at 404-609-4609 or email Transform285400@dot.ga.gov
Whenever you approach a work zone: slow down; allow extra distance between vehicles; read signs; obey road crew flaggers, and expect the unexpected. For updated information about travel conditions on Georgia’s interstates and state routes, GDOT advises travelers to call 511 or consult www.511ga.org before heading out. Georgia 511 is a free service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide. Callers also can transfer to operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.