Lane and Road Closures and Special Alerts Impacting Your Drive around Sandy Springs
- City Springs: Crews will be installing a sanitary line, which runs down the middle of the street (highlighted in the graphic). Installation will take approximately 2 weeks. During work hours (9a-4p) the impacted streets (Johnson Ferry and Sandy Springs Circle) will reduce to 1 lane northbound and 1 lane southbound. We will maintain two lanes northbound beginning at 4 pm to accommodate the afternoon peak travel time.
- Friday, March 31, intermittent lane closures on Windsor Parkway and Northland Drive. Flaggers will help direct traffic. Closures in support of the pedestrian bridge installation.
- Lane closures expected Franklin Road and Roswell Road, March 29-31 as a project crane is dismantled and removed from the site. Watch for flaggers assisting with traffic control.
Click Here to View the City's Traffic Watch Map
Transform 285/400 PROJECT:
Weather permitting, Georgia Department of Transportation contractors will close one lane on I-285 eastbound for geotechnical exploration. 8 p.m. Thursday, March 23 until 6 a.m. Friday, March 24 - One right lane will close on I-285 eastbound from Riverside Drive to east of Ashford Dunwoody Road. No more than two miles will be closed at one time.
Weather permitting, Georgia Department of Transportation contractors will close left and right lanes on I-285 eastbound and westbound for geotechnical investigations.
Sunday, March 19 through Thursday, March 23, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. - Alternating left and right lanes will close on I-285 westbound between Peachtree Dunwoody Road and Glenridge Drive
Monday, March 20 through Thursday, March 23, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. - One right lane will close on I-285 eastbound between Glenridge Drive and Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Note: all dates are subject to change
Click here to view all materials related to this GA Dept. of Transportation project.
For issues related to this project, please call the GDOT Hotline at 404-609-4609.
ONGOING ROAD / LANE CLOSURES:
- Construction continues: Carpenter Drive at Roswell Road - Please watch as crews continue with this road alignment project.
- The northern-most lane of Meridian Mark, next to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta between Johnson Ferry Road and the Glenridge Connector, is closed for construction related to the expansion of the hospital.
Weekend Road Work Planned by GDOT (posted each Friday)
· Metro Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/MetroLaneClosures.pdf
· Statewide Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/StatewideLaneClosures.pdf
Whenever you approach a work zone: slow down; allow extra distance between vehicles; read signs; obey road crew flaggers, and expect the unexpected. For updated information about travel conditions on Georgia’s interstates and state routes, GDOT advises travelers to call 511 or consult www.511ga.org before heading out. Georgia 511 is a free service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide. Callers also can transfer to operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Work in the Perimeter Area and interested in commuting options? Check the Perimeter Connects program for details.