If you would like to have your case heard virtually via mobile device or computer, please contact the court by email at email@example.com. or by phone at 770-206-2075.
Links for Virtual Court
Guidelines beginning June 15, 2020
We ask that you follow the guidelines below for a safe, effective and efficient experience:
- Due to social distancing guidelines, seating has been reserved for the person who received the citation.We ask that you not bring additional support persons with you during this time.As an additional safety precaution, please do not bring infants or children to court.If childcare is an issue, please contact the court at firstname.lastname@example.org to request virtual court or a one-time courtesy reschedule.
- If you are a non-English speaker and require the services of an interpreter, please email the court at email@example.com prior to the date and time noted on the enclosed reschedule notice to allow court personnel time to reschedule you for an interpreter court date.
- The court asks that defendants under the age of 21 bring only one (1) parent or guardian to attend the court hearing with them, although not required by law.
- Court times have been staggered in an effort to continue social distancing guidelines.Therefore, you must be checked in at the security check point at or before your court time.Court security will not allow a defendant in the courtroom before his/her scheduled court time.
- The courtroom will be sanitized between each court session.
What to expect at the Security Check Point:
- Please bring your rescheduled notice with you to court.
- Your temperature will be taken and if you have a temperature higher than the CDC guidelines you will not be allowed in the courtroom.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- The use of your own personal mask is highly encouraged.
What to expect if you fail to appear in Court:
- Failure to appear in court or pay your citation prior to court may result in a warrant being issued and your driver’s license submitted for suspension by the Georgia Department of Driver Services.
- Most citations can be paid online at www.sandyspringsga.gov or via the automated phone system by calling 770-206-2075.
- In the event you are sick or do not feel comfortable appearing in court, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss other possible options.
If you are reporting to Probation, they can be contacted at the following.
Probation Main Office: 678.443.9740
Josh Perry - 404-263-6665
Mario Gonzales - 404-723-8146
What to Expect
The Sandy Springs Municipal Court is located in Suite 501 of the Morgan Falls Business Park at 7840 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30350. When you arrive at the office complex, follow signs to the Court. Please be on time for your scheduled court date, as the judge will provide valuable information at the opening of the court session.
The following information video will be played at the begin of your court session. You arrived at your court appearance already informed by watching the video in advance.
- If a defendant is dressed inappropriately their case may be rescheduled for another court date.
- Food or Drink is not allowed in the courtroom by anyone.
- All containers and bags are subject to search.
- All cell phones must be kept on silent.
Required Court Appearances
The following "must appear" offenses require an appearance in court:
- Aggressive Driving
- All City Nuisance Offenses
- All Alcohol Offenses (except open container)
- All Codes Enforcement/Environmental Compliance Violations
- All Defendants Under the Age of 21
- All Drug Offenses
- Any Charge that May Result in Jail Time/License Suspension
- Attempt to Elude an Officer
- Hit and Run
- Habitual Violator Offenses
- No Insurance
- Passing a Loading/Unloading School Bus
- Possession of a Concealed Weapon
- Reckless Driving
- Speeding 30 mph or Greater over the Speed Limit
- Suspended License
- Suspended Registration
- Vehicular Homicide/Serious Injury
Changing Your Court Date
If you need to change your court date, the Sandy Springs Municipal Court allows one courtesy extension for citations that are not “must appear” offenses (listed above). Extensions must be requested in person at the Sandy Springs Municipal Court.
Foreign Language Interpreters
Spanish interpreters are provided for all court sessions. If you require translation for any other language, please inform the clerk’s office prior to the court date by calling (770) 206-2075.
If you would like a copy of your accident reports, contact the Sandy Springs Police Department.
It is not necessary to hire an attorney to represent you; however, you may hire an attorney to represent your case and have them file an entry of appearance with the court. If you are unable to afford an attorney and would like one, you may be interviewed by the Judge during your arraignment (initial court appearance) to see if you qualify under federal guidelines to have an attorney appointed to represent your case.
- Walk-ins are not allowed unless the person has a Failure to Appear (FTA) or a Bench Warrant (BW). Cases with a Bench Warrant will be allowed to walk-in until the end of the court session.
- Attorney cases will not be pulled, unless they are on the court calendar on that day.