The City of Sandy Springs Municipal Court building is closed until June 15, 2020, in order to support mitigation efforts for disease control related to the current the COVID-19 pandemic. All cases will be rescheduled and a notice will be mailed once the court reopens.
If you would like to have your case heard virtually via mobile device or computer, please contact the court by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 770-206-2075.
If you have any immediate concerns, you can email the court at email@example.com and someone will respond as soon as is possible.
If you are reporting to Probation, they can be contacted at the following.
- Probation Main Office: 678-443-9740
- Tempest Mothershed - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh Perry - 404-263-6665 email@example.com
- Moses Anderson -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mario Gonzales - 404-723-8146 email@example.com
Guidelines for Re-entry after COVID
Guidelines beginning June 15, 2020
We ask that you follow the guidelines below for a safe, effective and efficient experience:
- Due to social distancing guidelines, seating has been reserved for the person who received the citation.We ask that you not bring additional support persons with you during this time.As an additional safety precaution, please do not bring infants or children to court.If childcare is an issue, please contact the court at firstname.lastname@example.org to request virtual court or a one-time courtesy reschedule.
- If you are a non-English speaker and require the services of an interpreter, please email the court at email@example.com prior to the date and time noted on the enclosed reschedule notice to allow court personnel time to reschedule you for an interpreter court date.
- The court asks that defendants under the age of 21 bring only one (1) parent or guardian to attend the court hearing with them, although not required by law.
- Court times have been staggered in an effort to continue social distancing guidelines.Therefore, you must be checked in at the security check point at or before your court time.Court security will not allow a defendant in the courtroom before his/her scheduled court time.
- The courtroom will be sanitized between each court session.
What to expect at the Security Check Point:
- Please bring your rescheduled notice with you to court.
- Your temperature will be taken and if you have a temperature higher than the CDC guidelines you will not be allowed in the courtroom.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- The use of your own personal mask is highly encouraged.
What to expect if you fail to appear in Court:
- Failure to appear in court or pay your citation prior to court may result in a warrant being issued and your driver’s license submitted for suspension by the Georgia Department of Driver Services.
- Most citations can be paid online at www.sandyspringsga.gov or via the automated phone system by calling 770-206-2075.
- In the event you are sick or do not feel comfortable appearing in court, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss other possible options.
The Sandy Springs Municipal Court considers the fair and timely adjudication of cases among its top priorities. Paramount to our approach is a customer-driven, service-oriented atmosphere in which victims, defendants, and all other customers are treated with the utmost respect and concern by a highly trained, efficient staff.
- If you are unsure of your court date and time, the Online Payment System provides this information before you commit to payment. You can also use this system to find the amount of your fine.
- Anyone under the age of 21 must appear in court and should bring a parent/legal guardian or proof of emancipation. Failure to appear could result in the suspension of your driver’s license.
- Citation payments will be accepted online up to 24 hours before your scheduled court date, or in person by 5 p.m. on your court date. Payments made after this date must be made in person at the Sandy Springs Municipal Court and will be subject to a Failure to Appear fee.
- Accepted forms of payment include: Master Card, Visa, Money Order, or Cash (in person only). Checks are NOT accepted.
Your citation (often referred to as a “ticket”) contains important information including your initial court date.
Certain tickets can be paid without an appearance in court.
Come to court prepared by learning what to expect when you appear in court.
Learn about the role the Sandy Springs Municipal Court plays in our community.
Useful items for court defendants.
Common questions asked at the court.
Further Assistance by Telephone or Email
You can contact the Sandy Springs Municipal Court Directly by calling 770-206-2075. from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. You can email the Court at email@example.com.
Georgia's Hands Free Law
A driver cannot have a phone in their hand or use any part of their body to support their phone. Drivers can only use their phones to make or receive phone calls by using speakerphone, earpiece, wireless headphone, phone is connected to vehicle or an electronic watch. GPS navigation devices are allowed.
Exceptions to the law are as follows:
- Reporting a traffic crash, medical emergency, fire, criminal activity or hazardous road conditions.
An employee or contractor of an utility service provider acting within the scope of their employment while responding to a utility emergency.
- A first responder (law enforcement, fire, EMS) during the performance of their official duties.
- When in a lawfully parked vehicle—this DOES NOT include vehicles stopped for traffic signals and stop signs on the public roadway
Learn more: headsupgeorgia.com/handsfree-law