Business Licenses

Every business needs an Occupational Tax Certificate also referred to as a business licenses in Sandy Springs. The Certificate is valid for a calendar year and must be renewed annually. There are additional requirements for businesses who sell alcohol, businesses who rent short-term accommodations (hotels/motel etc.) and businesses who rent vehicles.

Open Procurements

The City’s Purchasing Department manages the City’s product and service procurement via formal solicitation to outside commercial vendors.

Both the Revenue Department (for business licenses) and Purchasing Department are open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.


Permits are required for certain business functions, such as pouring alcohol, erecting a tent for an event, or hosting a special event. 

Contacting the City via Telephone

If you require further assistance, you can reach the City via telephone at 770-730-5600.

View Full Site