The City of Sandy Springs has a number of programs designed to encourage the retention and/or expansion of existing businesses located within the City and to encourage the establishment of new targeted businesses.
Our team of economic development professionals are ready to assist existing Sandy Springs businesses. Company visits are a great opportunity to create and build working relationships with existing businesses. These introductory visits allow you, as a company, to learn more about the exciting things happening in Sandy Springs, resources available to you at the local and state level, as well as identify potential business networking opportunities. It also allows our economic development team to learn more about your business success and challenges. Some of the topics covered in these visits include:
- Identifying local and state incentives
- Site selection assistance
- New developments in Sandy Springs
- Market research
- Ribbon cutting events
- Marketing opportunities, ou, reach and recognition
- Workforce training resources
Contact us today to set up a company visit.
WE WANT YOU TO LOCATE HERE
There is a good reason why Yelp named Sandy Springs the Most Customer-Friendly Town in America in 2016; we work hard to attract and retain high-quality businesses. The City has a number of programs designed to encourage the retention and/or expansion of existing businesses in Sandy Springs and to encourage the establishment of new targeted businesses.
BUSINESS RETENTION AND RECRUITMENT
The City of Sandy Springs offers an Economic Incentive Program to attract new business to our City and encourage the growth of existing businesses. Benefits of this program include an expedited permitting process, a waiver of permit fees and a waiver of business and occupation taxes. The Incentive Program is available to businesses that create 15 or more full-time jobs (meeting or exceeding the average wage level within the city), and make a real capital investment in a new or renovated building of more than of $1 million. There are three tiers to the Program:
This program allows a reduction in impact fee when a housing project proposes to create at least 150 new or replacement housing units and at least 20 percent of the units are made available to individuals or families with annual incomes of no more than 120 percent of the annual median income of all households in Sandy Springs. Exemptions are also possible for any housing project of at least 150 housing units that proposes to replace at least 150 existing rental housing units with no less than 75 percent of the units intended for home ownership.
A business locating or expanding within the Roswell Road/I-285 Corridor Opportunity Zone may qualify for Georgia’s maximum state Job Tax Credit of $3,500 per job. This credit offers significant tax advantages for businesses within the Opportunity Zone which create at least 2 new jobs. The credit may be applied against Georgia income tax liability and state payroll withholding for 5 years, beginning with the tax year in which the new jobs were created.
There is a new Incentive Program for small businesses looking to expand or locate in priority redevelopment areas of Sandy Springs. For these areas, the Incentive Program job creation and capital investment thresholds have been lowered. The program is available to businesses that create five or more full-time jobs, and make a real capital investment of at least $250,000. Available incentives would be the same as other incentives for larger projects but would be available only in designated redevelopment areas of the City, as defined in the Comprehensive Plan. Please contact the Economic Development department for more information about specific eligible parcels.
As a business in Sandy Springs, you have the nation’s best workforce within your reach. Check out our list of organizations in Georgia that offer workforce training and hiring assistance:
· Georgia Department of Labor: Offers assistance and information to employers on recruiting, training and re-training tax credits, incentives and labor market information.
· Georgia Quick Start: Georgia Quick Start. This free service (provided at no charge by the Technical College System of Georgia) has earned the nation’s top ranking and is credited as a key factor in the success of Georgia’s economic development efforts. Nearly 1 million workers at 6,200 companies of all sizes in Georgia have benefited from Quick Start. Quick Start provides customized workforce training free-of-charge to qualified businesses in Georgia.
· Gwinnett Technical College Economic Development Program: Serving the north Fulton area, they offer customized business training and continuing education courses.
Contact the Sandy Springs Economic Development department for more information on how to connect with these training programs.