Temporary Structure Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

When is a temporary structure permit required?

Temporary structures typically refer to trailers present on construction sites. They may function as a sales / marketing office for the subdivision, etc. The permit for a temporary structure is part of the Administrative permit application which has several other permits/uses contained within it. (i.e. swimming pool, temporary classroom, etc.)

Who can apply for a temporary structure permit?

A permit can be obtained by licensed contractor or the property owner. In order for the property owner to obtain a permit, the property must be their current permanent residence.

Applying for a Temporary Structure Permit

To apply for a temporary structure permit, please visit the construction permit desk located at the “Zoning and Permitting” entrance on the south side of City Hall

The plan review process varies based on the use indicated.

Licensed Contractors: Please bring your Trade Card, Business License and state issued ID (e.g. driver’s license).

Property Owners: Please bring your state issued ID (e.g. driver’s license). You will need to sign an affidavit certifying that you are responsible for the project.

Permit Fees

In Sandy Springs, the fee for a permit is based on a number of factors. To find out how much the permit will cost, please view our permit fee schedule. Our Permit Technicians can also assist you in calculating your permit fee.

Temporary Use Permit 

Inspection Process

Typically there are no inspections involved.

View Full Site