In addition to being a wonderful place to live and do business, the City of Sandy Springs, itself is also a great place to work for, offering a wide range of jobs and opportunities.
Open Positions with the City
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$55,000 - $65,000 DOQ
- Posted Date:09/23/2019 3:40 pm
- Deadline to Apply:11/15/2019
To apply, please visit our Career Center .
Areas of Responsibility:
• Under the direction of the Executive Director and the Director of Events & Sales, plan and deliver a year-round, diverse, season of theatre, comedy, dance and other live performances of the highest quality. This will include a number of original and unique live performance projects at national and regional levels.
• Take responsibility for the highest of quality at all presented events.
• Be present at key events to ensure the smooth and successful running of these events, and where not possible, ensure appropriate coverage from within the team.
• Ensure that all activities are run in a safe and responsible way. This may involve risk assessments for activities and events and ensuring compliance with any relevant policies.
• Build and develop relationships with key partners, artist agents and performers.
• Continue to work with existing partner organizations and develop new ones. Generate collegial and vibrant frameworks for the development of appropriate events.
• Work with all the programming and sales leads and the Director of Events & Sales to identify, develop, negotiate and manage appropriate new programs, partnerships and agreements for current and future activities.
• Manage the relationships with relevant program providers e.g. performers, theatre companies, directors, comedians etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience working with both IATSE and non-union crews.
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of production technology, including demonstrable expertise in event scheduling and production.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Excellent people skills.
• A passion for the performing arts and the ability to provide excellence in a production.
• Ability to self-direct and manage a high number of competing projects simultaneously, with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to adhere to established and non-flexible deadlines for project completion
Interested in Volunteering? Visit our volunteer opportunities page.
Those interested in volunteering at the Performing Arts Center can call 770.206.2063. Note that this number is for volunteer opportunities only.
Equal Opportunity Policy
The City provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, or military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.