In addition to being a wonderful place to live and do business, the City of Sandy Springs, itself is also a great place to work for, offering a wide range of jobs and opportunities.
Open Positions with the City
Building Maintenance Technician
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hiring Range : $18.27 to $23.00 per hour
- Posted Date:08/09/2019 2:57 pm
- Deadline to Apply:11/15/2019
To apply please visit our Career Center.
Reports directly to the Chief Building Engineer, maintains a working relationship with all employees in his/her area for issues affecting the buildings. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property. The Building Maintenance Technician must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and City staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position’s success.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by their supervisor. Duties include, but are not limited to changing filters, coil cleaning, greasing motors, replacing light bulbs & ballasts, inspecting/adjusting belts, and regular inspections of equipment.
• Complete tenant service requests, and develop and maintain positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
• Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
• Clean and paint equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment and equipment rooms.
• Assist in ordering stock and inventory of parts and supplies, as needed.
• Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
• Review elevator maintenance records and confirm elevator maintenance is performed per service agreement. Inspect condition of elevator machine rooms. Report any elevator deficiencies to their supervisor.
• Assist with review of tenant improvement plans. Inspect active construction areas and confirm contractors are following all building rules and regulations.
• Coordinate fire alarm and sprinkler shutdown and drain downs with contractors as needed.
• Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems and coordinate all quarterly fire alarm testing and maintenance with building vendor.
• Perform carpentry and snow removal, if necessary.
• Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisor.
• Perform minor repairs on doors, hardware, lock, windows, ceilings, and floors
• Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
• Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
• Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and report to management
• Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives, as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards
• Read and follow written and oral instructions
• Convey thoughts and recommendations orally and/or in writing to supervisors, contractors and others in order to resolve building-related problems
• Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of building maintenance experience or commensurate experience in a trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).
• HVAC or electrical technical school training preferred.
• Experience with automated building management systems
• Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and schematics
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision
• Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and continually heavy workloads
• May be required to work extended periods of time without relief, when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime-type assignments)
• Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device
• Lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 30 feet
• Climb ladders and stairs.
• Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
• Will be required to perform off site duties through the use of a personal vehicle.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired
Interested in Volunteering? Visit our volunteer opportunities page.
Those interested in volunteering at the Performing Arts Center can call 770.206.2063. Note that this number is for volunteer opportunities only.
Equal Opportunity Policy
The City provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, or military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.