In addition to being a wonderful place to live and do business, the City of Sandy Springs, itself is also a great place to work for, offering a wide range of jobs and opportunities.
Open Positions with the City
Dishwasher / Utility Worker - Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11.00 per hour
- Posted Date:04/12/2019 4:54 pm
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Executive Chef
Type: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Location: Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center, Sandy Springs, GA
• Responsible for the cleaning and proper storage of all the dishes, glasses, silverware, cooking supplies and kitchen wares in a fast paced kitchen environment.
• Ensures the dish room and equipment are clean and organized.
• Works efficiently, keeping the dish room and dish machine in clean, working order.
• Responsible for other job duties which consist of cleaning up around the kitchen and assisting other Team Members as needed.
This position is expected to represent and maintain professionalism while maintaining general kitchen cleanliness
• Will be professional and well groomed at all times while maintaining general kitchen cleanliness
• Will follow procedures on how to wash, rinse, and sanitize dishes, pots, pans, utensils, and kitchen wares
• Must be able to operate and sanitize all equipment continuously in a safe and proper manner
• Store cleaned Items in their designated place and keep organized
• Maintain cleanliness of floors, drains, walls, and shelves in the kitchen areas
• Have clear understanding for the usage of various cleaning chemicals
• Perform additional general duties as emptying the trash, re-stocking paper towels, keeping three compartment pot sink area clean and free of debris
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies
• Assist with kitchen deliveries including proper storage, organization, and other duties as assigned by Chefs
• These responsibilities may differ depending on business needs.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to work independently.
• Will be expected to move at a fast pace.
• Will be able to lift 40 up to pounds Must have ability to follow basic directions and speak and understand English .
• Must be able to pass a background check, including credit, and a post-offer drug test.
• Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days.
• Will be expected to move at a fast pace
• Will be able to lift 40 up to pounds
Schedule and Compensation
Part-time schedules are limited to a maximum of 29 hours per week. These positions may require work on holidays, nights and weekends. Part-time positions with the City of Sandy Springs are not eligible for any employment benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an application for employment. Please use the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of the email that you submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Volunteering? Visit our volunteer opportunities page.
Those interested in volunteering at the Performing Arts Center can call 770.206.2063. Note that this number is for volunteer opportunities only.
Equal Opportunity Policy
The City provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, or military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.