Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development Training and Recertification Workshop
Hosted by the City of Sandy Springs
- Date: 03/22/2019 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Location: Sandy Springs City Hall
1 Galambos Way
Sandy Springs, Georgia 30328
Please join the District and the staff from Southface on March 22nd in Sandy Springs as we present the latest trends in Green Infrastructure (GI). This class will help prepare you and your staff for the new GI requirements in the MS4 permits OR train your crews on common sense installation techniques and best practices. Attending this workshop will renew your GSWCC Level 1A, 1B, or II certification for erosion control (even if your certification has expired).
Register at www.FultonSWCD.com
Who Should Attend? City & County Personnel (Planners, Inspectors, Plan Reviewers, Maintenance Crews, etc.), Contractors, Home Builders, Developers, Landscapers, Property Owners, Designers.
• How to install common GI practices – construction sequencing and proper erosion control
• Learn to read and interpret plans and specifications for GI – soil mixes, vegetation, underdrains, etc.
• Identify common problems with GI installation and maintenance
• Learn practical approaches to reviewing, installing, inspecting, and maintaining GI
• Learn about the latest MS4 Stormwater and NPDES Construction Permits
Request to have your community event listed on the Sandy Springs Community Events Calendar.