Windsor Meadows Park Ribbon Cutting Set for Sept 14
- Date: 09/14/2018 10:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- Introduction: Join us for the official dedication of Windsor Meadows Park on Friday, September 14, 2018 at 10 a.m.
- Join us for the official dedication of Windsor Meadows Park on Friday, September 14, 2018 at 10 a.m. The four-acre passive park is located at the intersection of Windsor Parkway and Northland Drive, along Nancy Creek. This brand new neighborhood park replaces three houses destroyed during an October 2009, flood of the neighboring creek. The City purchased the land through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA) grant flood hazard mitigation grant program. The pedestrian bridge leading to the park opened in June 2017.
- What: Official dedication and ribbon cutting for the Windsor Meadows Park
- When: Friday, September 14, 2018 at 10 a.m.
- Where: 835 Windsor Parkway, Sandy Springs 30342 (at the intersection of Northland Drive and Windsor Parkway)
Please note: There is limited parking, neighbors are encouraged to walk or carpool. Temporary roadside parking will be available east of the park on Windsor Parkway.
With more than 950 acres of parkland, Sandy Springs residents and visitors of all ages can enjoy the many activities found in any one of the City’s 20 parks. The Sandy Springs Recreation and Parks Department, in partnership with the National Park Service, maintain beautiful trails for hiking and exploring along the City’s 22 miles of the Chattahoochee River shoreline. All parks are open from sun-up to sundown, except for parks with athletic fields and programming.
Request to have your community event listed on the Sandy Springs Community Events Calendar.