Sandy Springs Fire Station (circa 1959)
The fire station situated in the 200 block of Sandy Springs Place is no longer there. Previously occupied by volunteers, the Atlanta Fire Department moved into the building with a ladder truck and an engine April 1st of 1959. Atlanta provided fire service out of this location until they moved into the new building in 1969 that now houses Sandy Springs Fire Station 2. Atlanta Water Works took control of the building and used it as a storage facility until the land was sold for a new shopping center.
1425 Spalding Drive
6025 Raider Drive
4697 Wieuca Road